Thursday, May 13, 2010

God is good

A couple of years ago a Friend doing missionary work in Kenya spoke at yearly meeting. She taught us a call and response The call: "God is Good!". The response: "All the time". As I sit here looking over the last weeks of preparation for the trip to the Republic of Georgia (Sakartvelo as she's known to her people) I am filled with immense gratitude to God and to those who walk with me and allow God to be known through their words and actions. They help me to know the strength to be faithful. When I gave notice to my employer I knew that action would leave me without an income upon my return from The Republic of Georgia. I was willing to accept that and trust that way would open upon my return. I have been amazed and joyful as, over the last two weeks, way has opened and, on June 24 I will return to my job. I am filled with gratitude! I will still be many weeks without pay but I know way will open.

There is an inscrutable dichotomy of incredible simplicity and difficulty. The simplicity is learning to simply say "Yes". Trusting that when Spirit asks us to carry His/Her work that we will be taken care of - that we are not asked to carry more than we can bear. The difficulty is in letting go of the teachings of the world: in letting go of the fear that God will not catch us, will not provide, will not walk beside us each step of the way. My faith is experiential. I know that each time that I trust; Each time that I move in faith, I am rewarded with incredible Joy and a Peace that passes all understanding and so with each new call I am ready to trust more - to say "Yes" with less and less hesitation.

As I pack and prepare translations and make arrangements for Max (my cat)and think of the sixteen hours of travel over nine time zones to reach Sakartvelo I am filled with hope and excitement for the work to come. I am grateful to all of you who hold me in prayer and make this work possible.

God is Good all the time!

1 comment:

  1. This is good and more than good! I send my love with you. Tuck it into a corner of your suitcase. I'll be thinking of you and holding you in the Light.

    ReplyDelete